Saturday, June 20, 2015

Father Knows Best

Today we are celebrating Father's Day. It's safe to guess people all around us are thinking about the types of relationship they have or had with their fathers.

Whether your father is a hero in your life, some you feel no closer to than the stranger you made eye contact while walking the street, or anywhere in between, this day exists specifically for the purpose of celebrating dads is likely to bring on these sorts of thoughts.

Personally, I've been thinking a lot about how my relationship with my father has evolved in the past few years and how my thoughts about Father's Day have changed along with it.

Our mother passed away from cancer years ago, so today, as our only parent, i wanted to share with you along with my siblings what we learned from him through the years.
i will start from the youngest to the eldest :-)
RIO - lesson learned ko, in making decisions in life, i have to make for a long term plan. to be tough and be independent kaya tamo sa pagiging independent ko, i survived on my own, achieved my goals on my own, and reached my dreams and what i have now on my own. sanay maghirap kaya pag bumalik man sa hirap i can still survive :-) (copy paste from her text msg)
MALOU - there are so many life lessons that i've learned from my father, but only the top 3, i will share:
1. generosity and giving - you don't need to ask him what you need or want because from the start he knew what your needs are
2. family first - we grew up without relatives nearly, only just us. i remember, he don't attend his office christmas parties, fiestas and the like because he don't want to eat delicious food while his family are there at home waiting for him and eating ordinary one.
3. always available and dependable - when you have problems, just go to him and he had a solution available kaagad.
CONCORDIA - being generous and responsible sa needs ng mga bata even from the smallest need nila..diskarte sa buhay is another...i learned to think quick..and most...the love for kids and siblings ncoz we grew up na pagmamahal sa bawat ang instilled sa puso at ispan nating lahat. hahahahha dami ko pa sasabihin kaso best lang eh dami na nga sagot ko (i just copy paste what she sent thru fb message)
ANGEL - (from his text messages)


MAGDIWANG JR. (from his text messages too)

 CORINA - He teached me the value of education,that it will serve as an armor kahit saan ako dalhin ng panahon at sitwasyon.he showed me that parents will sacrifice to give their kids good education.
He also teached me to do d opposites on d way he raised us. In adsition lou,tatay also teached to be content on what i have. (copy paste from his fb message)
LUDY- All my life I do not know him because I did not grow up with him or feel his love, I know in his owned way he loves me, ?. But what I seen from him his heart , faith . He loves you guys, when I seen him the first time I felt his heart. I spend only 3 days with him but I felt his regret some other things he done in life. Include our separation. But God has a reasoned for a lots of things . But the love of God towards me. I have to forgive and love him even from the distance with my prayer God will take care of him and forgive him. (she is our step-sister that we only met 2 years ago, copy paste from her fb message)

Papa or Tatay as we call him, he is now 77 years old. He may not be the best and perfect father we have but surely he is the father God gave us, to love,to respect, to forgive and to remember for apart from us, we would not be where we are right now if not because of all his sacrifices and love to us his children.






To end, i would like to share my favorite Bible verse that is embedded in my heart and mind,

Ephesian 6:1-4 says, Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. Honor you father and mother - which is the first commandment with a promise - that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth. Fathers, do not exasperate your children, instead bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment