Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Learn To Surrender

last weekend, we were attending this conference at the church...
in between the talk and discussions, i took photos of the important notes on the screen in front of us using my husband's samsung galaxy s5 cellphone
when i felt the urge to go to the restroom to peed, bringing this cellphone...
i went back to my sit and after 20 minutes or so, my husband was asking for his cp but i couldn't find it...then i realized i brought it to the restroom and hurried back there with no avail after...
my initial reaction was to call the number of the cp, then texted it 2 times but got no reply...in between my waiting time, i prayed to God - a prayer of surrendering, of consecrating, of letting go...and when i felt in my heart the time to really let go of this particular material thing with peace in my heart, even though i know how important it is to my husband, i finally released my desire of getting it back...

...it is also the time the speaker called everyone to stand up and when i'm about to sit down to my chair, guess what i saw...
the cellphone is right under my chair...how does it happened? when i knew that i left it in the restroom?
then i realized that God give us the desire of our hearts when we learned to surrender by faith...
then i remember my dear friend Krisha...you see, she was recently robbed inside their house getting her laptop, cellphones, cash one night...and after buying a new one, the robber came back and robbed the new laptop, cellphone, cash and even jewelries again but the amazing thing i've learned from her? she never grumbled, never get angry, never complained, just surrendering everything to Jesus, because it's just a material thing...i am so blessed!

i have the similar stories to share, the very first set of jewelries we bought for Alex, earring, ring, bracelet, necklace that cost like 350,000 was robbed by our maid who were with us for 15 years, but i never get angry at her, instead showed her unconditional love, he later left the house because according to her, she can't stand the fact that despite what she did, we are still kind to her :-)

lesson learned? it may not be a material thing that we lost, people we love, relationship, job, properties, or even our relationship with Jesus...learn to surrender, to let go and let God handle and give Him the wheel to be in control, because everything is in His guidance, in His cadence. Be blessed!

the Bible reminded us that, do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your request be made known to God - Philippians 4:6

our prayer should be...Heavenly Father, i pray that you renew my spirit and keep me on course with your will. Lord, be in my thoughts, words, and deeds. Let them be pleasing to you. I let it go and place you in control above all things. - Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment