Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Just For Today. Just For 2014

Just for today, i will live through this day only.
i will not brood about yesterday or obsess about tomorrow. I will not set far reaching goals or try to overcome all of my problems at once.
i know that i can do something for 24 hours that would overwhelm me if i have to keep it up for a lifetime.

Just for today, i will be happy.
i will not dwell on thoughts that depress me, realizing that most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.
if my minds fills with clouds, i will chase them away and fill it with sunshine.

Just for today, i will accept what is.
i will face reality. i will correct those things i can correct and accept those i cannot, with grace and peace.

Just for today, i will find things to smile and be happy about in a less-than perfect day.
there is a good side to most people, situations and experiences - and i will make sure to find it.
if i can have enough instances, of two-minutes, two days or two weeks of happiness, then my year will be a happy one.

Just for today, i will improve my mind.
i will read something that requires effort, thoughts, consentration. i will not be a mental loafer.

Just for today, i will make an conscious effort to be aggreable.
i will be kind and courteous to those who cross my path, and ill not speak ill of others.
i will improve my appearance, speak softly and not interrupt when someone else is talking.

Just for today, i will refrain from improving anybody but myself.

Just for today, i will do something positive to improve my health.
if i am overweight, i will eat healthfully - if only just for today. and not only that, i will get of the couch and take a brisk walk, even if it's only around the block.

Just for today, i will give my best effort to everything i am suppose to do.
these may not be cures for cancer or literature worthy of a Noble prize, but it will ensure that i will be able to sleep well at night with the knowledge of a day's work well done.

Just for today, i will have a plan, i may not follow it exactly, but i will have it. it will eliminate two pests , hurrying and indecision.

Just for today, i will have a quiet half hour all by myself and relax. in this half hour i will try to get a little more perspective into my life.

Just for today, i will enjoy what is beautiful and appreciate what is around me. i will remember that as i give to the universe, the universe will give back to me.

Just for today, i will find time to communicate with God, by reading the Bible every day and reflect on it.

may we all have a blessed year ahead :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment